What High functioning depression is?
High functioning depression is classified as a mood disorder and it also described as the feeling of loss, anger, and sadness. It also interferes with the person’s everyday activities and the disease has become common. It has been proved by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Trusted Source that more than 8% of adults aged up to 20 age face the depression issue. Simultaneously, people face different types of depression in various ways.
It is the diseases that directly interfere with the daily work and it results in lots of time and also lowers productivity. Depression is the disease that also influences the relationship and gives birth to some chronic health condition as it risk for a healthy life. Some people think that it is not a very serious disease but this is not true. It is the mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life. It causes many effects on the people living as sometimes people thoughts of suicide.
High functioning depressionis a serious medical illness and has negative side-effects in the whole body. It is the intense sadness that also includes a feeling of worthiness, hopeless, and helpless. Many conditions can easily worse due to the depression that includes:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
We know that feeling down and sadness is the normal part of life and all this happens to everyone. But if you are feeling sad and hopeless daily as it is due to the depression. It is a serious medical condition that can be worse if you can’t have proper treatment on time. If you will seek treatment of depression on time then it shows the improvements within a few weeks.
High functioning depression Symptoms
High functioning depressioncan be symbolized as common but it is more than a constant state of sadness or feeling. But at the same time, depression shows different symptoms. Moreover, some people get affected by their moods and body. Depression symptoms always come and go so it becomes complex for people to get easily understood. Even the symptoms of depression also vary from men to women and children. So we have brought a list of symptoms so that you can easily experience it and treat them on time.
- It shows changes in mood such as irritability, restlessness, aggressive, anxiousness, and anger.
- Depression also causes emotional well-being that includes feeling sad, hopeless, and empty.
- While causing the disease you can also feel changes in behavior such as drinking excessively, engaging in high-risk activities, use of drugs, loss of interest, feeling tired easily, sometimes have thoughts of suicide, and also no longer finding pleasure in favorite activities.
- It not only face issue in behavior also cause an issue in the sexual interest that is lack of sexual performance and also reduces the sexual desire.
- Depression also affects the cognitive ability of an individual in such a way of difficulty completing tasks, during conversation delayed response, and inability to concentrate.
- It also affects sleep pattern that is restless sleep, not sleeping the whole night, excessive sleepiness, and insomnia.
- Causes physical well-being pains, headache, the problem in digestive and fatigue.
Women experience these symptoms
- Mostly face the issue of irritability and rapid change in mood.
- It affects emotional well-being such as anxious, hopeless, empty, and sad.
- Depression gives thoughts of suicide, loss of interest in the activity, and also withdraws from social engagement.
- It also decreases the energy level, changes in weight, increased cramps, headache, aches, pains, and increase fatigue.
- It also shows cognitive abilities such as talking and thinking very slowly.
- Also develop a sleep pattern that is waking early, sleeping too much, finds difficulty throughout the whole night.
Children experience these symptoms.
- Depress affects their behaviors by avoiding friends and siblings, refuse to go to school, feel of death and suicide, and facing trouble at school.
- Go through a change in mood such as crying, anger, mood swing, irritability.
- They feel difficulty in sleeping and sometimes sleep too much.
- Depress affects their energy, weight loss or gain, changes in appetite, and problem indigestion.
- It also has cognitive issues changes in grades, the decline in school performance, and feels difficult while concentrating.
Causes of High functioning depression
The causes of depression are of many types as it ranges from biological to circumstances.
- Family History: it is the very first cause through which you can also suffer from this disease. If your family member has the issue then it can be easily transmitted to another member.
- Early childhood trauma: Sometimes it also cause due to events gets effected to the body and it reacts to stressful and fears situation.
- Brain structure: If your frontal lobe of the brain is less active then the risk of depression increases.
- Medical condition: Some medical conditions can increase the risk such as chronic pain, attention-deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD), chronic illness, and insomnia.
- Use of Drugs: If you have a history of alcohol or drug misuse then it creates an issue of depression.
Treatment of High functioning depression
Living life with so much stress is very difficult but it can be treated and can improve quality of life.
Your doctor prescribes:
- Antipsychotic medication
In this condition, you should speak with a therapist and learn how to cope up with negative thoughts and feelings. You can also take family or group therapy sessions.
It is the type of dose of white light so that you can easily regulate mood and improve. This therapy used in seasonal affective disorder.
Regularly you should have physical activity for 30 minutes as it helps to increase the production of endorphins as it is hormones to improve moods.
Avoid drugs and alcohols
You may feel better while taking alcohol but in the long run it can also bring anxiety and depression signs getting worst.
High functioning depression Test
There are different tests to diagnose the issue and sometimes healthcare diagnosis through symptoms. They mostly ask some questions to test the depression such as:
- Activity level
- Sleep pattern
With these questions, they can easily have a depression test and also conduct a physical examination and blood work.